Wednesday 21 May 2014

Reflective Essay

Overall, I think I performed exceptionally well in all aspects of this film making process. Although tough, working as an individual instead of with a four or five person production team was very stressful, it was also a lot more rewarding when I had completed the assemble edit, added sound and received a lot of positive feedback.

Prior to starting out with this project my preference was with reality, realism films and documentaries. I wanted to give myself a challenge and try and make something that I had never thought of before and something that would have pushed me out of my comfort zone. I also wanted to gain more editing experience and make a film that had little dialogue and played about with expressionism and symbolism a lot. I was aware that I was taking a risk with this, also being a one woman team but I am so glad I decided to push myself. I could have taken the easy option and film a real life person who is in someway dislocated.

I dont think I was faced with any problems apart from just the stress of being alone and worrying if i was prepared enough and worrying about how my subject would perform (as she has no acting experience at all) I was aware I was taking a risk but she had the exact, striking look I was imagining so I believe it worked out well. In relation to the sound in my film, there were some mishaps, although these were easily fixable. Also the production folder was a lot to do along with trying to get the edit perfect. If I were to undertake a project like this again, although I am proud of myself for doing it as an individual I would at least try to recruit at least one other person to bounce ideas off.

No comments:

Post a Comment